Changes to my Blog!



Hello everyone,
You’re probably wondering where I’ve been for the past few months, as you may have heard through my Instagram I decided to take a little break from blogging so that I could take some time to figure out what I would like to do in terms of posts, topics, themes and frequency this year.
After a lot of thinking I have decided that I would like to change my current blog Emily's Adventures into a Portfolio blog, with posts reporting on my experiences with art, photography and illustration. I would like this to become a creative space which will grow and transform throughout my artistic journey. I will aim to post on this blog at least once per month.
However I still also really enjoy writing more chatty blog posts with recipes, DIYs, reviews etc. but I have decided that I would like to set up a separate blog for this over on Wordpress; Emily M , like how a YouTuber may have a main channel and vlog channel. I’m also thinking about starting a “Let’s Talk About . . .” series discussing a different topic in each post with the aim to empower, reassure and inform each other. My aim is to produce weekly posts on a Friday or Saturday, although at first I may start fortnightly to fit in with my exams this summer.
Finally, I have decided that I would like to start a YouTube channel at some point this year! Before I started blogging I really wanted to start a DIY YouTube channel inspired by the likes of My Froggy Stuff, Tutorials by A, LaurDIY and Sara’s Beauty Corner. And whilst doing the photography for a couple of my previous DIY blog posts I realised how much easier it would be to explain the steps through a video and this reignited the dream in me. I would also like to post art time lapses and vlogs from art and photography trips. I’m not quite sure when my channel will begin but hopefully by the summer as I still need to buy some more equipment to film and edit, but I’m very excited and I will keep you posted.
I’m sorry if these changes might seem a little confusing, but I think it will improve my blog and make blogging a little easier for me. I’ll be back here soon with a new post. 😊
Follow me on Instagram @emily.m.adventures and @princessemily_m for daily updates, and Twitter @EmilyMAdventure for info on my next blog.
Emily M x

Comments

Popular Posts

Follow